Oscar Sunday is upon us and Hollywood is buzzing with energy in and around the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland complex. The Press Room will be a buzz with media outlets finalizing their spots and equipment.
Myself and the Nominees are finalizing all the details of their hair, make-up, dress fittings, party sked, gifting suites and all things OSCAR(c), but here are Five Fun Facts You Probably Don’t Know About Oscar Sunday
1. 45 Sec: The amount to which acceptance speeches will be cut down this year, thanks to individual shout outs scrolling on the bottom of the screen.
2. Best Actor winners can expect a $3.9m salary increase…It’s just $500k for Best Actress winners.
3. 220K is the Value of the 2016 Oscar Swag Bag.
4. The first Academy Awards took place in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in 1929 and lasted a little over 90 minutes. It was attended by 270 people and the ticket price was $5 and it lasted 15 minutes.
5. Host Chris Rock is a hosting for the 2nd time. His first time hosting was in 2005.
***Stats/Facts came from stephenfollows.com*** and ***WalletHub***