With Halloween quickly approaching, I thought I would do a re-cap of “The 5 Scariest Movies of All Time” via Redbox…
- The Exorcist
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- The Shining
- The Silence of the Lambs
CRC did a “13 Days of Halloween” this year, which was a lot of fun for me and made me realize I had actually seen more scary films than I had anticipated…lol
However, #Redbox surveyed more than 800 customers across the nation about their Halloween movie viewing habits and here is what they discovered:
- 57% of respondents said they like scary movies.
- 49% of the respondents typically watch a horror movie during the month of October to get in the Halloween spirit, while 55% indicated that they will watch a scary movie this Halloween.
- Among those who will watch a scary movie….
- 92% prefer to watch a scary movie at home rather than at the theater.
- 73% watch scary movies with the lights off.
- Half (52%) will not watch a scary movie alone.
- Half (50%) are spooked by strange noises after watching a scary movie.
- 31% have turned off a scary movie because they were too frightened.
- 17% believe The Exorcist is the best scary movie of all time
- 22% say that Freddy Krueger is the scary movie villain that frightens them the most.
- Younger respondents were more likely to indicate that they like scary movies: 67% of those age 18-44 like scary movies vs. 49% of those age 45+
- 56% of female respondents like scary movies, while 61% of male respondents like scary movies.
- Percentage of respondents indicating that they like scary movies by region:
- Northeast: 61% like scary movies
- Midwest: 60% like scary movies
- South: 59% like scary movies
- West: 54% like scary movies